Saturday, June 14, 2014

One Day More...


Well...the time has come. In my best Valjean voice (Wilkinson, not Jackman), "One Day More." I've had the entire week off from school (got done with grades/clean-up early), my sister and her kids came in from out-of-town, my mom had a week-long retirement celebration, my wife had tech week and opening night for a musical that she's in...oh, and my kids had baseball/softball every night.  It's been a busy/fun week that has flown by, and on the back end of the week, I knew that I was leaving so I tried to enjoy every last second with the kids/wife.  The inevitable plane ride was always on the horizon, and it's something that I was looking forward to but I didn't want it to come any sooner than necessary.  The summer is going to be an adventure for myself, but also for those that are staying at home. They'll have a busy time of their own, but it won't be the same as us being together.

So, Saturday, I've spent the entire day with the kids, and we crashed through the last five episodes of Agents of Shield (gotta finish a season before taking the summer off...continuity, and all), let's just say I'm glad I took them to see Captain America 2 earlier in the week.  So, put them down a bit ago...and a little under 9 hours to go and I'll be heading to the airport. Maybe I should start packing now? Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment