Thursday, July 3, 2014

Warner Brothers Studio Tour


The two-hour tour of Warner Brothers was pretty cool. We saw soundstages, sets, and rode around in little carts around the set. I didn't see any celebrities walking around. However, I went to a Groundlings show last night with my friend Collin, and when we were leaving, I was looking at my phone, and a guy on a bike rode by us on the sidewalk. Collin said, "Oh my god, that was Seth Rogan." "Are you sure?" I asked. "Yeah, he even chuckled."  So, I missed my first celebrity.

The main attractions/stops were the Big Bang Theory set, which we couldn't take pictures of. I had hoped I could sit in Sheldon's spot on the couch, but I knew that wouldn't be allowed. If they won't let you walk on the grass during a Fenway Park tour, or any baseball park tour, then they won't let you sit in the holy shrine of Sheldon.  They're on hiatus for the summer for a little while longer, and they had tarps over everything to keep dust from dirtying up the set. So, while we could see the vast layout of the sets (including Penny's, the comic book shop, and the stair case), we couldn't see details of the set. Still pretty cool. We also got to see the set from Friends of the coffee house, Central Perk.


The other main attractions were a studio museum. On the top floor was Harry Potter set pieces/costumes/etc. And on the bottom floor was Batman-related content from ALL of the movies. Costumes/props/etc.  The last stop on the tour was a warehouse with ALL of the Batmobiles, bikes, tumblers, etc. that were used in the movies.  I'm going to post a bunch of pictures below, and you can click them to make them bigger for a closer look. All were taken on the smart phone, so I was pretty impressed with the pixel-rate on some of those pics.

Before I get to the HP/Batman pictures, here are other key/neat things on the tour.


They call this backlot NY street Hennessey Street. Cagney/Bogart movies were shot on this road.
This was the salon in Don't Mess with the Zohan...it was also the pet store where Pee Wee comes running out when he's freeing the animals. I wasn't going to take a picture until I heard Pee Wee. I know a few people who love him.
Dick Tracy's office.
Miss Hannigan's orphanage in Annie. The only exterior fascade on the street that is never changed/altered.
 

The French Street, like the NY Street, is named this solely for this location. The last standing set piece from Casablanca.
80's fans will recognize this as the Seaver house from Growing Pains.
Harry Potter

The Sorting Hat told me I was Gryffindor. I was bummed, I wanted Slytherin! Thank god it didn't say Hufflepuff.
 
The closest I'll ever get to Kenneth Branaugh. His Gilderoy Lockhart costume.
Harry, Hermione, Ron from Deathly Hollows Pt.2

 
SNAPE!
Sirious Black



Gringott's Goblin
Obviously...Doby
 
Tom Riddle's Diary and Basilisk Tooth
Harry's Quidditch uniform & broom

 Batman


 

 

 
  

 

 
 
 





 

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures, thanx for sharing. Sounds like you are having some fun out there. Keep up the good blog, we are enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got to wear a sorting hat? How cool!

    ReplyDelete